On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:50 PM, S h i v <shivakumar.gn at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a FYI post.
>
> Some details as to how foss.in is going to be structured this year is
> out and being discussed in this thread
>     http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/foss-in/message/5219
>
> FOSS Workouts (hackfests?) is likely to be one of the components and
> is open for discussion at foss.in mailing list at the below link
>
> Yet to figure out if/how bosug/OpenSolaris/BeleniX fits into this.
> Feel free to take part in the discussions at the foss.in list.
>
> I personally had found the format of yesteryears to be adaptive being
> able to accomodate broadest profile of speakers as well as audience.
> How the format for this year plays out is to be seen.

   I just went through the announcement. This year's conditions seem
   to draconian tough!  However I do tend to agree with them. They
   want real code to be developed. Only thing is how much can one
   achieve on this front in a 3/5 day conference. A conference can be
   a seeding ground for new ideas but real code only comes out after
   weeks or months of grunt work. The "grunt" part is where we in India
   tend to fail. I am not sure how much you can do about that in a single
   event.

Regards,
Moinak.

--