(sorry for the cross-posting)

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Sriram Narayanan <sriramnrn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Angad Singh <angad at angadsingh.in> wrote:
>> I am running OpenSolaris 2008.05. I did a hard shutdown of my laptop,
>> I had to since Sun Studio had gone into an infinite loop (some bug).
>>
>> After restart, Grub showed up fine, as soon as I press enter for
>> OpenSolaris 2008.05's grub menu entry, it shows an error -
>> "Inconsistent Filesystem Structure".
>>
>> And It doesn't show any shell !
>>
>> Does anyone know how to fix this? I atleast need a shell prompt to be
>> able to do anything with it. Other way around could possible be
>> booting from the LiveCD and doing something?
>>

> Boot from the LiveCD, and see if it mounts the file systems on the
> laptop. Since you're using 2008.5, the filesystem would be zfs, and
> you should be able to fix this.

I booted from the Live CD. It doesn't automatically mount the solaris partition.

If I do it manually like so:

angad at opensolaris:/mnt# mount -F zfs /dev/dsk/c5d0p1 /mnt/sol

It gives error:
cannot open '/dev/dsk/c5d0p1': invalid dataset name

What is the proper way of mounting the opensolaris 2008.05 partition
from another one?