Hi Harsha,
I've pretty much the same problem, I'm running build 91 though. I have
another interesting
observation ie when I boot in xVM the download speeds are good.

Angad,
I'm not entirely sure about how Harsha calculated his download speeds but
I've measured speed on-line via speedtest.net, and done a simple traceroute
and using ping and ntop, all fairly simple in essence but do tell me
sufficient information.
for example
in xVM
    tracroute to www.google.com ----> normally takes under 30ms for me
    ping to www.google.com --> nearly the same number (with no packet loss)
    ntop tells me that speeds' 1.6 mbps (I've a 2 mbps connection)
in regular kernel (not running in xVM)
    traceroute to www.google.com ---> 1027 ms (This is virtually the
case at each hop)
    ping to www.google.com ---> 1186ms (with 20% packet loss)
    ntop tells me that speed is 102 kbps ( just to re-iterate I've a
2mbps connection)

And the load avg on my machine in both the cases was around 0.3*.

An equally interesting fact is that on Linux (dual boot) the connection
works like a charm.

I have so far compared the kstats outputs after running the system in
two modes, after nearly
same time and (almost) same amount of data transfers, and found nothing
which was drastically
different. No changes from netstat, the same modules are loaded etc etc.

I posted the query to laptop-discus/osol-help after posting it to Hyd
user group and B'lore user
groups. I'll try the stuff on perf cd, but I'm really lost here.

Regards,
Shishir