On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:37 PM, pavan chandrashekar
<Pavan.Chandrashekar at sun.com> wrote:
> Binu Jose Philip wrote:

[...]>
> They (Intel) boast of a "quickpath interconnect architecture" as the new
> processor interconnect in the Nehalem EX, moving away from FSB. It looks
> pretty similar to HyperTransport!

   It is! But the Nehalems truly have really great enhancements over the
   previous generation - I know from personal experience and extensive
   testing information that the overall improvements in efficiency, performance
   and power consumption are extremely good. However it is also true that
   AMD appears to be catching up with the Phenom2 series.

Regards,
Moinak,
--
http://www.belenix.org/