The following is part of the news from "The newvision"
 Apac Resident District Commissioner (RDC), Drani Dradriga, said on Wednesday, “We have received more UPDF soldiers and this is to enable the army to respond very quickly to LRA attacks.”
UPDF 5th division commander based in Pader Col. John Mugume said, “We have intensified our mop-up operations and have been able to destroy most of the enemy hideouts in Lira and Pader districts.”
“They (LRA) have now fled towards Kitgum district
and towards the Sudan border,” Mugume said.

Col. John Mugume seems to imply that Kitgum is a no go area for Ugandan soldiers.  Is it true?
If you persue criminals who have entered Uganda and seek sanctuary in parts of the country, why not persue them?   Sudan too has given Uganda access to her southern parts in order for UPDF to anhilate the rebels.
I think that statement is irresponsible unless Uganda has given up on Kitgum and the Col. would like us to believe that now Kitgum is occupied by LRA.