Dear Gook,

Some of us are ready to contribute to the Nabagereka
Fund to assist our people who are suffering in Acholi Province.

My problem is that I am not ready to channel my small
monies through any Xtian aid organization of any kind.

What I know is that there is another body which deals with
donations to different causes connected with Mengo, and
it is headed by Mr. Mayanja Nkangi.

The Deputy in this, to Mayanja Nkangi , is one Mr. Hope
Mukasa.

He is a very wonderful gentleman and I trust him with all
my heart.

( He wiped my tears when I was crying in Nairobi. I will
never forget him.)

Since he is a Budo OB, and you are in contact with a
few of them, could you please find out how to contact
him so that we can channel our contributions to
the Nabagereka fund, directly through this gentleman?

Please help to establish contact with Mr. Hope Mukasa.

Thank you.

Mitayo Potosi/Potojsi
Acholi very grateful to the Nnabagereka

Rt. Rev. MacBaker Ochola II

Allow me to express my heartfelt and deep appreciation for the message of the Nnabagereka, Sylvia Nagginda, aired on WBS TV
and also published in your esteemed paper.
I watched and heard the Nnabagereka's voice full of emotion and empathy for the suffering people of northern Uganda, especially
the children. I sincerely thank her and the Kingdom of Buganda for this courageous act of compassion. That this came from the
Kingdom of Buganda is all the more significant given the socio-political history of Uganda with regard to the unfortunate
North-South divide.
Through her special and personal appeal, the Nnabagereka has shown the true greatness of Buganda Kingdom that transcends
political and cultural limitations by demonstrating the need for mutual understanding and reconciliation. What the Nnabagereka said
of the suffering people of northern Uganda, "...Their pain is our pain, their suffering is our suffering because we are all the sam! e
people", deeply resonates against the national indifference that characterised the suffering of northern Uganda for a long time.
I praise God the Almighty for this magnanimous spirit of conciliation and goodwill from the Kingdom of Buganda. How I wish that
more and more leaders followed the lead taken by the Nnabagereka and came out boldly to champion tolerance, peace and
reconciliation so badly needed in Uganda! I am grateful to witness this significant development in our country.
I commend the Christian Children's Fund – Uganda, on whose behalf the Nnabagereka made the appeal, for the good work they
are doing for vulnerable children in Uganda. I urge Ugandans to respond generously to the emergency appeal for the war
traumatised children of northern Uganda. I want also to thank the media for being one of the best allies of the suffering people of
northern Uganda by highlighting our plight.
We owe much of the unprecedented national and international focus on nort! hern Uganda now - after a decade of marginalisation
- to the media.

December 04, 2002 00:48:22

Gook

"Ivinicus factus sum veritabem diceus." ( I have become an enemy for speaking the truth ) St Paul!
Mitayo Potosi

[...]

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* --- End Message ---