Dear okello oruk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

I didn't mean to come off sounding like an apologist of apartheid. It is sad and shameful but it is only some whites that have spoken out against the killing of 'makwerekwere', though sometimes with glee. Tell me that the last SA election was not not won on the backs of a campaign against 'makwerekwere'.

You ask " Could this (lynching) not be some kind of underground work by some (...? folks) in order to isolate the SA blacks (from the rest of Africans ) for a final kill so SA is once again, may be permanently this time, back to the past brutal era?! "

Whites can of course target blacks, but why would they want to go back to the past when they are now minting more millionaires than they ever did under apartheid?

First, what is "'makwerekwere' bogey."?

Do you really think it is we the so-called 'makwerekwere' who are taking away all the money from SA? All the jobs?

My lord! So, it is the ANC with their anti "makwerekwere" policy, poisonous of course, that has led to the current lynching of other black Africans, isn't it?

My answer is in the affirmative. That ANC utterances are part of the problem. And I also hope that you read my posting rather give it a quick glance, otherwise I think you are missing some gist of it.

Shouldn't this kind of writings come from an Apartheid apologist which I hope you are not?

I am the farthest thing to an apartheid apologist. At least I hope I am not an apologist. The apologists are those who have left the whole SA print media save for one paper - Mail and Guardian - in ownership by the same apartheid forces, and all without exception with white editorial desks that are still pushing exclusively Eurocentric interests.

After a decade ' in power', the new SA black elite don't seem to see anything amiss in this arrangement.

Indeed they have spurned requests for some level of joint efforts with the black opposition parties like AZAPO - Azania Peoples Organization, BCM - Black Consiousness Movement and PAC - Pan-African Congress.

Instead they have invited the National Party of apartheid (NNP) into govt. You must be aware of all this Brother okello oruk.

When Mbeki posed a few questions on AIDS the whole media came down on him calling him mad. They openly touted regime change in SA by openly propping up Cyril Ramaphosa, whom imperialism made deputy to Senator Mitchell in the Northern Ireland peace process, to build up his stature. Regime change is facing Thabo Mbeki right in his face.

It is this same Cyril Ramaphosa who after the assassination of Umkonto we Sizwe commander, Chris Hani, that stood in Carlton Centre in Johannesburg and told the whole world that with Hani still alive change from the old older had come to a standstill. It is only after his death that negotiations started moving.

Brother okello oruk, I dont know about you but if this is the leader we are going to have after Thabo Mbeki then I am really scared.

In the meantime Mbeki must continue as their African running dog. Meaningless NEPAD, undermining the 'African Union', etc....

One would have hoped that blacks in SA learnt something in their tussle with the white liberals. i.e. South African white liberals had always been struggling against apartheid, may be for a 'kinder and gentler' apartheid. ( The liberal white homosexuals/lesbians made sure they took over the task of rewriting the new constitution and gave themselves the most generous rights anywhere in the world - was that our number one issue against apartheid? )

Nadime Gordimer, Prof. Coetier (sp) etc... have been pushing for a curriculum that represents a view of Africa of the settler colonists. In this case the blacks in govt have stood their ground for a curriculum in Literature that reflects the world view of the African.

Literary icons, like Prof. Andrei Brink, who struggled so much against apartheid all their lives are so bitter and disillusioned that they have felt neccessary to emigrate from a now 'free SA' to Europe, America or Australia.

At the minimum, brother Okello Oruk we have to push the positive.

It could be that you put more stock than me in the ANC as a party. May be that is the origin of our diverging views.

Mitayo Potosi

From: okello oruk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mitayo Potosi,

Please stop looking like an Apartheid regime apologist! Africans in general must be very careful indeed! Read this:

"Indeed, people from Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, DRC, Tanzania, Somalia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria etc... are being killed everyday in SA. And no official in SA seems to be cautioning people against these targeted murders. A few whites have spoken out, but sometimes with glee."

Why "A few whites have spoken out, but sometimes with glee."? Could this(lynching) not be some kind of underground work by some (...? folks) in order to isolate the SA blacks(from the rest of Africans) for a final kill so SA is once again, may be permanently this time, back to the past brutal era?!

"Apartheid always made sure that there was never any interaction between Black South Africans and the rest of us. And nowdays, every time the ANC feels like boosting their support, they flog the 'makwerekwere' bogey."

First, what is "'makwerekwere' bogey."? Second, what does the quote above supposed to mean? That the "Apartheid" regime used to keep off black SA from killing other black Africans by "...always made(making) sure that there was never any interaction between Black South Africans and the rest of us(whatever this 'us')."?

Read this again:

"After Nelson Mandela failed to honour the promise of 'one million houses' to the poor, there was fear that Blacks would not show-up for the elections which brought Thabo Mbeki to power. Indeed some blacks had even started to join the old white political parties of apartheid. To reverse this trend the ANC mounted a big campain against 'makwerekwere' who 'are taking away all the money and the jobs '. It was Winnie Mandela who was mandated to drum up this poison into all the minds of South Africans."

My lord! So, it is the ANC with their anti "makwerekwere" policy, poisonous of course, that has led to the current lynching of other black Africans, isn't it? What has "To reverse this trend the ANC mounted a big campain against 'makwerekwere' who 'are taking away all the money and the jobs '. " got to do with "After Nelson Mandela failed to honour the promise of 'one million houses' to the poor, there was fear that Blacks would not show-up for the elections which brought Thabo Mbeki to power. Indeed some blacks had even started to join the old white political parties of apartheid."?! Could it be I am missing something?

Shouldn't this kind of writings come from an Apartheid apologist which I hope you are not? Please again read:

"Apartheid had built a fence along the Limpopo River to stem the flow of
people into SA. This electrified fence was never switched on during
apartheid. It is those we call our own that have now switched it on."

My goodness! Now the ANC government has "now switched" the "fence along the Limpopo River", built by the Apartheid regime of course, "on" so that the "makwerekwere" are electrified! Why are there so many non-SA Africans in that country then? I believe as I write now still more are crossing the border from other African States and into SA. Are they talking of being electrified as they cross over into the country?

Sorry for this if so.

Mitayo Potosi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Another Ugandan murdered ( lynched ) in South Africa.

News reaching us indicates that our beloved Brother and Dear friend, Mr
Steven Musoke, was recently murdered in SA.
We send all our heartfelt condolences to his wife, Dr. Faith Musoke, the
children and the family at large.

Unfortunately, Black South Africa has this extreme hate for all black people
from North of Limpopo, i.e. the ' makwerekwere '.

[...]

drum up this poison into all the minds of South Africans. And indeed Mbeki
came out with even more votes than those that had been garned five years
previously by Nelson Mandela.

Apartheid had built a fence along the Limpopo River to stem the flow of
people into SA. This electrified fence was never switched on during
apartheid. It is those we call our own that have now switched it on.

Sometime ago, I wrote about our other Brother, the late Engineer Kigozi, who
was murdered by breaking every bone in his body. Ugandans in SA then had
decided to have Foreign Affairs in Kampala raise this matter with their
South African counterparts. One wonders whether this was ever done.

So what do we do?

Instead of hoping that we shall always send our people into ' kyeyo', we
have to build our country to sustain us all. That is the only sure route;
for Uganda is the only place we can call truely our own.

" Kitalo nnyo Sseruganda Steve. Omukama akuwe ekiwummulo ekyemirembe !! "

Mitayo Potosi