Roy,

What do you mean UPC was a strong supporter of pan
africanism? Dont be fooled. UPC for instance had
recognised Emenkwa Ojukwu's biafra to break away from
the federal republic of Nigeria. Is that to you pan
africanism?

UPC only thrived on deceit and dividing the people and
whne they were found out, they were thrown out not
once but twice.

LM
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> As a result of a recent digital dialog with Br.
> Matek, the Chief of
> Washington Bureau of the UPC, we both affirmed these
> points:
>
> 1.  That suppression of UPC activity inside Uganda,
> and the attempt to
> undermine the Washington Bureau Chief authority,
> were both indicators of the fear of
> the UPC line on the part of certain elements in
> Ugandan society and possibly
> their foreign backers.  Br.  Matek referenced our
> young ancestor, the martyr
> Omowale Malcolm X on the point of the fifth column
> activities.
>
> 2.   That the support the UPC gave the Stanleyville
> government after the
> assassination of the legitimate leader of the Congo,
> PM Patrice Lumumba, was
> indicative of the UPC's principled support for the
> Lumumbaists and for
> Pan-Africanism generally, beginning with it's
> governments military support on behalf of
> the martyred Prime Minister while he was alive.  We
> both agreed that this
> legacy of the UPC in the Congo was an enormous plus
> for both Uganda and the larger
> African world; and for humanity in general.
>

> I thank you for your patience and forbearance in
> this matter.
>

> Roy Walker

=====
LM