From: Omar Kezimbira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ugnet_: Alarming: '80% of Ugandans have no beddings' -VP Prof. Gilbert Bukenya
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

‘80% of Ugandans have no beddings’ -New Vision, 18/7/2003

By Vision Reporters

THE Vice-President Gilbert, Prof. Gilbert Bukenya, has said 80% of Ugandans don’t have adequate bedding facilities, an indicator of the poorest quality of life.

“You are dressed in luxurious shoes and suits but the quality of life many Ugandans are living out there is alarming,” Bukenya said.

He was recently addressing the Uganda Society Health Scientists fourth annual general meeting at Hotel Africana, where they discussed the accessibility of the HIV/AIDS Anti-retroviral drug.

Bukenya said some people in swampy areas cut down papyrus rids for beddings.

Published on: Friday, 18th July, 2003

Email this article to a friend.