Mulindwa,

Its in UPC's interest for a precedent to be set for
past leaders to be pardoned or returned for burial in
Uganda.

Obote's years are numbered and he wouldn't want to be
buried in Zambia.

Why is Obote's UPC advocating to return Amin when he
didn't do so for the first Ugandan President whom he
murdered? Mutesa was poisoned by Obote's agents and
Obote blocked the return of his body for a decent
burial despite the fact that he knew it was the wish
of the people of Uganda.

The people of Uganda would rather have all these
killers Obote and Amin buried in their exile homes.
Its even better if their bodies were given to the
wolves. If they return they should be tried and
confined in prison.

The people of Uganda killed by Obote and Amin were not
given any option of where they were buried. thousands
were buried in mass graves or just left to rot and the
legacy is there in the thousands of skulls in Luwero.

LM

--- Mulindwa Edward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bring Amin home - UPC
> By Chris Obore
> July 21, 2003 Monitor
>

>       The UPC wants the government to let former
> President Idi Amin return home.
>
>       The Uganda People's Congress, whose government
> was deposed by Mr Amin in January 1971, says that it
> would be wrong for President Yoweri Museveni to let
> a former president die in exile without support.
>
>       According to the UPC, Amin is a Ugandan
> citizen, and the government has the responsibility
> to look after him.
>
>       Amin has lived in exile in Saudi Arabia since
> he was overthrown in 1979.
>
>       On Saturday, The Monitor broke a story that
> the former head of state was ill and in coma at the
> King Fahad Hospital in Riyadh.
>
>       Mrs Nalongo Madina Amin told The Monitor that
> she had asked President Museveni to allow her ailing
> husband to return home.
>
>       Mr Museveni reportedly answered that he would
> instead arrest Amin the moment the former President
> set foot on Ugandan soil.
>
>       A government official has now indicated that
> the family would be allowed to bring back the former
> President's body if Amin were to die in exile.
>
>       The UPC, whose own leader, Mr Milton Obote,
> lives in exile in Zambia, sees it rather
> differently.
>
>       "Why should Museveni want to finish off a man
> who is ailing? He is behaving like a witch," said Mr
> Peter Walubiri, a member of the UPC's Presidential
> Policy Commission.
>
>       Walubiri said that Amin is a Ugandan who has
> the right to be home.
>
>       "Let him be allowed home. After he is well, we
> can discuss the suspicion that he committed crimes.
> The police and the DPP will take action," he said.
>
>       Walubiri said that the duty of the government
> is to care for all its citizens, including those in
> prison.
>
>       "For us in UPC we definitely have no love for
> Amin, but we would not deny him the right to be a
> citizen," he said.
>
>       Walubiri said that Museveni should respect the
> sanctity of life.
>
>       The President has no moral authority to
> condemn other people, Walubiri said; adding that
> many people have died since 1972 because of
> Museveni's activities.
>
>       He did not elaborate.
>
>       "Let Amin get investigated after treatment by
> the state. If the UPC got back to power, we would
> treat Museveni if he fell sick," the UPC official
> said.
>
>       President Museveni once said that he would
> shoot dead Obote, if the twice-deposed former
> President dared step on Ugandan soil again.

> removed]

> Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit
> orders to US & Canada. Low prices up to 80% off. We
> have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510

http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/TTwplB/TM

=====
LM