Gook,

I don't think what Muniini is saying is true. the
people from the South have repeatedly condemned the
war and called for its end.

I can compile you a catalogue of speeches and
discussions of people from the South deploring the
effects of war.

The Kabaka who is the voice of Buganda for instance
has on many occasions called for an end to the war.
This is what he said just yesterday in the presence of
HE the President & commander in chief of the UPDF,

"The Kabaka pleaded with the government to end the
17-year-old insurgency in the northern region."

Kabaka Mutebi said that he feels a lot of sympathy
especially for the innocent children suffering in the
north.

“We pray that everything possible is done to restore
peace in this region,” he said.

The Nabagereka of Buganda has gone as far as
championing events to raise funds for the victims of
the war.

The Roman catholic and Church of Uganda prelate's have
also condemned violence against the people of Northern
Uganda and called for peaceful resolution to the
conflict.

There is so much the people can do anyway. If the
other side in the conflict is bent on fighting rather
talk peace, its the people who are going to suffer and
we all know that.

What the people of the South have done so far never
happened when Obote massacred thousands in 1960's and
1980's. Which prominent figure from the North or East
came out in the presence of Obote and called for an
end to the massacres in Buganda?

The idea that the blame of events in the North should
be shifted to the people in the South is absolute
nonsense.

Let those who have fueled this conflict which has
caused so much misery help end it. The solution to
this bitter conflict lies in the North.

LM
--- gook makanga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------

Mulindwa,

Munini is a classical case of what he condemns in his
article. As long as the NRM/A was killing only the
Acholis and other biological substances, it was
alright for him. As long as he was still "eating" at
the trough of the Victors, it was ok. But now things
have come closer to home. A fellow Munyakabale has
been identified, isolated and is soon to be crushed!

It is only this realization that has now dawned on
Munini . It isthis that has woken him from his long
"sleep".

For us who have always seen the NRA/M/M7 for what it
is, we say welcome Munini to this sad realization.
Late and little as it may be, We none the less say
welcome to the nightmare that you helped usher in
Uganda!

Gook

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one
can be at peace unless he has his freedom."- Malcom X