Mwaami Ssenyange

I have decided to respond a second piece on your writings so that we are
clear on this issue.

There is a huge difference between the Canadian federalism and the Uganda
proposed one. The Canadian federalism was proposed and negotiated by the two
Canada's at the time, it was the Upper Canada and lower Canada. These two
Canada's reached an agreement which they introduced and came up with the
1867 agreement. Let record show that Ontario and Alberta as you are giving
in your example, never had a negotiation with Queen who was the head of
state at a time. So Uganda's case is different for today it is Buganda and
the federalists who are asking the Head of State for Federalism.

Under normal circumstances, Buganda would be negotiating with Bunyoro or
Busoga or any of those other entities to see if they can form a unity by
recognising them selves and then they would take that proposal to Museveni
as a head of state. Then Museveni through his cabinet would decide whether
to accept or not. But Buganda did not do that, instead Buganda went straight
to the head of State and by passed all other units in the country. In fact
Buganda not only undermined those unites but among her requests, Buganda
wants even to take Kampala the capital of Uganda from the rest of the units.
Although Buganda knows that Kampala was built on taxes from the rest of
Uganda, she does not want or did not even bother to ask the rest of Uganda
if her requests are possible. Buganda decided to use NRM to by pass all
legal systems and turn Uganda into a federal system, that is why I said from
day one that Mwaami Kibuuka is doing more damage to Buganda than many of you
dared to think.

Uganda is going to get federalism but it will be a new one on the block. A
democracy where Buganda negotiates with the central government for the
splitting up of our nation, without any negotiation with any other unit in
Uganda.

That is how you guy's ignorance has destroyed our nation and you should be
proud of your selves.