Words of Insurgente Sub-Commandante Marcos, Zapatista Army of National
Liberation, September 2003

Brothers and sisters of Mexico and the world who are here in Cancun at this
mobilization against neoliberalism:

Receive greetings from the men, women, children, and old people of the
Zapatista Army of National Liberation.

In the middle of your meetings, agreements, and mobilizations it is an honor
for us that you have made a space to hear our words. The worldwide movement
against the globalization of death and destruction has today in Cancun one of
its most brilliant expressions.

Close to where this demonstration takes place, a handful of servants of money
are agreeing on the forms and timing to continue the juicy crime of
globalization. The difference between them and all of us is not in the pockets,
although their pockets are stuffed with coins and ours with hope.

No, the difference is not in the wallet but in the heart. We have in our
hearts a vision for building a new tomorrow. They only have a past that seeks to
repeat itself eternally.

We have life, they have death.

We fight for humanity, they fight for neoliberalism.

We want liberty, they want to make us slaves.

This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that the owners of the
planet have to hide behind high walls and their pathetic efforts at security in
order to make their plans. Like in a war, the high command of this
transnational army seeks to conquer the world in the only way it can be conquered--that
is destroying it. It meets behind a security system as huge as its fear.

Before, the powerful met behind the backs of the world, manipulating future
wars and looting. But today, they have to do it not only in front of us, but in
front of thousands in Cancun and millions throughout the world.

Because that's what this is all about. A war. A war against humanity.

Globalization from the top down is nothing more than a global machine that
runs on blood and defecates dollars. And in the complicated balance that
translates deaths into dollars, there is a group of human beings whose lives are
valued very low in the global butchery.

We are the indigenous, the youth, the women, the children, the old people,
the homosexuals, the lesbians, the migrants, the different.

That is, the vast majority of humanity.

The world war of the powerful wants to convert Planet Earth into an exclusive
club where they reserve the right to admission. The exclusive luxury zone
where they meet now represents their global project on earth--a complex of luxury
hotels, restaurants, and recreational zones, guarded by armies and police.

For the powerful, the rest of us have the option of being inside the
exclusive zone but only as servants, or to remain on the outside of their world,
outside of life.

But we do not have to obey and choose between living as servants and dying as
outcasts.

We can build a new path. One where living is living with dignity. One where
living is living with liberty.

To build this alternative is possible and necessary. An alternative is
necessary because the future of humanity depends on it. The future is at risk in
every corner of every continent.

And this alternative is possible because throughout the world there are those
who know that "liberty" is a verb that must be conjugated in plural, or it
becomes a poor alibi for cynicism.

Brothers and sisters:

Throughout the world, two projects of globalization are in dispute: The one
from above that globalizes conformity, cynicism, stupidity, war, destruction,
death, and amnesia. And the one from below, that globalizes rebellion, hope,
creativity, intelligence, imagination, life, memory, building a world where many
worlds fit. A world of Democracy! Liberty! Justice!

Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &Canada. Click Here!

Click Here!

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

<FONT COLOR="#000099">Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or
Lexmark
Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. </FONT><A
HREF="http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511";><B>Click Here!</B></A><FONT
COLOR="#000099">
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/Bf.olB/TM";><B>Click
Here!</B></A>