Mw. Mulindwa,

If you're not among "Abaana be Ngoma" by birth, then you are not a close Royal and will never be a Kabaka, never. Such a royal is only a royal by Clan not a Royal for succession purposes. The same applies to Clan leaders. If you are not in the line ( Olunnyiriri) of the Clan leader ( Omutaka) you and your offsprings will never become Omutaka. Your line can expand as much as it can up to becoming "essiga" but your "ssiga" will never produce "Omutaka". For the first time you've asked to know. Keep on that way.

J. Ssenyange

From: "Mulindwa Edward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ugnet_: And now this!-Baganda royals back 3rd term\mulindwa
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:18:22 -0500

Rehema

What makes one a distant or a close Royal in Buganda culture?

Em

The Mulindwas Communication Group "With Yoweri Museveni, Uganda is in anarchy" Groupe de communication Mulindwas "avec Yoweri Museveni, l'Ouganda est dans l'anarchie" ----- Original Message ----- From: Rehema Mukooza To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 7:44 AM Subject: Re: ugnet_: And now this!-Baganda royals back 3rd term\mulindwa

Mulindwa Edward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Mulindwa:

But we can not get that for even Kasangwawo refused to tell us who Kulembeka
more from Museveni, Ssabasajja or the distant royals? NONE is Kulembeka from Museveni. Museveni is the one who is Kulembeka from Buganda. Ssabasajja kulembekas from Buganda and outside from donations of well-wishers (certificates). Going to Rwakitura does not mean Kulembeka from Museveni. Ssabasajja went there to discuss matters of concern to the Buganda kingdom as the head of Buganda. However, if you are willing to show me evidence to your claims, I might believe you then.

Now, what kind of meeting would the "distant royals" be involved in with Museveni if they are not the "official speakers/negotiators" of Buganda?? Are you telling me that they talk about CULTURE with Museveni?? Are you kidding me?!! The distant royals can exercise their freedoms of speech, it's only that they are not official speakers of Buganda. One can speak without being the official speaker.

Even the "close royals" are not the official speakers of Buganda. But they too can speak if they want. They can speak without being the official speakers. However, certain ranks as the Kabaka and Katikkiro are considered as official speakers. There are other official speakers who get their authority from a concesus of "authorities". ~ Rehema M.