In a message dated 2/19/2004 3:15:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

This is the most desperate tax the govt of Uganda has ever introduced!!  How can they tax poor Ugandans for owning a TV for UgShs 10,000/=??  Our country will never develop!!  Are they taxing Ugandans for recieving information off a TV or what??  This is the most stupid thing I've heard.  a TV tax???!!!!!!!!!

Rehema: If there is nothing more you can squeeze from a people, then you have to try by all means necessary to squeeze citizens until blood comes out!..... The desperate  NRM move to institute so called "TV TAX" in Uganda should be seen in that light. The NRM has failed to create a vibrate tax base (by creating good JOBS for wanainchiees ) in Uganda.  Sad state of affair indeed!!

Matek

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the state."

- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels - Hitler's propaganda minister