Mr. Nixon Andama

I propose that the government put on sale all SUV vehicles bought to all
government officials and the money raised minus purchase of cheaper vehicles
should go to buy those machines - as Kagame did in Rwanda.

The government has the money to buy those machines if the government was not
filled up with thieves. At least 5 millions to every MP can equip mulago as you
have so pointed out – dons\'t it?

Bwanika

>Netters:
>
>Mulago Hospital, the only referral hospital to 90% of our population had only
>two Dialysis machines until recently when one of them broke down. So we can
>all imagine what a horrendous situation this is and remember that we will all
>be judged by history for not “giving to those in need” when we could.
>
>UNAA President Rosette Serwanga is leading a fund drive for the purchase of
>two or more machines.
>
>After the story appeared in the printed media on 22nd January (New Vision).
>Mulago Hospital director, Dr. Gideon Kikampikaho, had some discussion with Mr.
>Abdul Kimbugwe Treasurer of UNAA.
>
>There are 2 main problems with the Dialysis Unit:
>
>There has not been a service provider registered with the Manufacturers of the
>machines to give satisfactory service. However reasonable service has been
>achieved using a technician from Nairobi, and a resident serviceman trained
>from the Mulago Workshop.
>
>The Number of machines have just been 2. This contrasts greatly with our
>neighbours in Kenya who have more than 30 machines in Nairobi. This means any
>failure of one or two machines leaves our patients very vulnerable. .
>
>The Manufactures of the Machines have recently appointed agents in Tanzania,
>to cover Uganda and Tanzania. The agents were invited to assess the machines
>in Mulago and make a comprehensive report.
>
>In summary, the report states that the machines have defective CPU boards and
>a defective Ultra-filtration Unit. These are major components. The AK (100
>Model of machines is old (10 years) and the spares are not available with the
>Manufacturers. They recommend Mulago purchase AK95 Model. This model costs
>US$26,000 each. At the moment Mulago needs at least 6 machines equivalent to
>about $150,000.
>
>Meanwhile Meditec Uganda, a distributor of Gambro dialysis machines has also
>recommended AK 95 model machines at $25,652.00 each.  We need to raise
>$153,912.00 for the six machines.
>
>Please make your contribution for this very noble and important cause. The
>form can be downloaded at <b><a href=http://www.unaanet.com
>TARGET=\"_new\">http://www.unaanet.com</a></b>
>
>For God and My Country.
>
>Nixon
>% UGANDANET is generously hosted by INFOCOM <b><a
>href=http://www.infocom.co.ug/
>TARGET=\"_new\">http://www.infocom.co.ug/</a></b>

Bwanika
________