My friend:

After twenty years of  NRM rule,  the NRM  has not even dreamed of  charging Dr. Obote  before a dully constituted    court of law in Uganda   for the so called atrocities committed  in Luwero by Obote. ..Not even in Abstentia... What does this tell you..simple the NRM has no case ! Only now the NRM begins to make noise!..Just because Milton has hinted that he may return back to his motherland! Surely the NRM is now sweating in the boots , so to say.  Mambo Bando! Bwana!!!!
Matek

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Since, according to UPC, Obote and his government are not responsible for the
atrocities in Luwero and other parts of the country during his regime, why
doesn't he come back and prove this before a court of law. His coming back may
be an opportunity for him to tell all Ugandans, other than just the UPC members
who already seem to know, who exactly was responsible for the deaths in Luwero
and elsewhere in the country.

Quoting Matek Opoko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Buturo knows Luweero killers, says UPC
>
> THE Uganda People’s Congress (UPC) has said information state minister
> Nsaba Buturo, who was a Luweero district commissioner, knows the people
> who massacred residents, reports Hillary Kiirya.
>
> Speaking on phone, UPC’s defacto leader, Hajji Badru Wegulo, yesterday
> said, “I do no t think Buturo believes in what he is saying other than
> protecting the buttered side of the bread. He knows the people who threw
> the grenades and butchered people in Luweero and not Dr. Milton Obote as
> he said. Obote is not a killer.
>
> “That was a very unfortunate statement though we expected it from the
> government. We know they have sinister plans for the party president.
> They thought his return was a simple thing but after knowing the
> public’s opinion, they got scared and used this as the only way of
> stopping him from coming back,” Wegulo said.
>
> He was reacting to Buturo’s warning on Luweero massacres in which he
> said exiled former president Obote should answer for the atrocities.
>
> Wegulo said they were studying the situation before they come out openly
> on Obote’s return.
> “This is a man whose father and mother were murdered by the government.
> S o when the government says such things about him, we have to be very
> careful,” Wegulo said.
>
> Published on: Saturday, 9th April, 2005

\\\\\\\"Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate
version of someone else.\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Njoki Paul
University of Pretoria