Dear Mayor

-       Just around, Professor Apollo Nsibambi Road – a very young man with an
American emblem handkerchief fastened on his head, safari boots and trimmed
jeans well below the knees, puffing on a heavy roll of marijuana cigarette
stick, staggers head-on into our BodaBoda.

-       BodaBoda swings to the sides, missing him by a few centimetres, I stop
my rider well ahead to watch a phenomenon.

-       The man is high – in spite of this we continue on with our business-
the rest is history……..

-       Here comes the ghetto and uncontrolled television media- K’Nigeria.

-       After of my daily cores – a friend directed me to a good dish downtown
– an African lunch to be precise.

-       Lunch goes for a single note, a 1000 bobs not so much to ask questions.
Moreless ”step not on mine ” but with benches and a single sorts of a dirty
table.

-       FELLOW CITIZENS, WELCOME TO KAMPALA - UGANDA CAPITAL CITY, OF SOME MORE
100 YEARS AGO.

-       My lady cook had no Mukwano star soap or the little was long finished.
I revert to my handkerchief to do the needful after a nice meal.

-       Goat meat, Wugari (Posho) and some green vegetables, prepared with a
human touch and very delicious indeed. But………….DIRTINESS IS AN AFRICAN AFFAIR.

-       After some few hours – I got a terrible high temperature, preceded with
severe grumbling stomach; a close examination reveals a bacteria infection.

-       A quick and close medical combat, ‘am still arrive, kicking and back on
Kampala streets.

-       Is it the food vendors or KAMPALA CITY COUNCIL – blame it on me.

-       That was the day before this…………..

-       I’ll comeback to that – another day.

-       I have spared thIS afternoon to do a thorough study of KOSOVO, an
upcoming and thriving wetland suburban CITY sprawl, now occupied by the lowerly
of our society.

-       Kampala is expanding well beyond all the seven hills.

-       And Kamwokya Kitoro ´am moving their soon

-       Kwate Kinyoro will be covered too.

-       Behind Bulange, ride straight along Ssentema road until you come to
where the road almost ends in a small trading centre turn left, I direct my
BodaBoda pilot to move forward.

-       Kosovo is an emerging sub-urban enclave filled with all sorts of people
from Banyarwanda, Kenyanese, Sudanese you name it. It is a free world down
there.

-       To new arrivals from all corners of Uganda – a free city has opened up
in Kosovo!

-       Hurriedly papyrus to wattle made houses are coming up quickly;

-       Chicken, goats, pigs, cats, dogs are crammed at times into one house
with their masters – a jumble.

-       Good for waragi distilling, pig rearing, prostitute trade, guessed life
style combined with cheap city live – KOSOVO is still a virgin city suburb of
immeasurable proportions.

-       At Kikandwa – near the backpackers, garbage dump offer free pig daily
feasting.

-       Kosovo is Kosovo and one wonders how KAMPALA CITY COUNCIL could at
least not plan it for the poor

-       NO they will do it, a Namuwongo approach 2025.

-       A quick survey reveals – a planned cemetery, remnants of Colonial
Planning can readily be seen at least from carbon dating 1960.

-       We are Independent!

-       On my way here, I stopped over the former Uganda Commercial Bank main
branch  - with unstoppable vigour building still goes on. Imagine crested
towers remodelled not to look crest towers.

-       Opposite Bank of Baroda I have noticed an elderly woman of some 70
years or so – she keeps walking around to get a coin, call it begging.

-        Last time I gave her transport back to Gayaza – she is still around.

-       Fellow Citizens we are liberated – well in upper class enclaves some
beings are well better liberated than others.

-       From the French agency for development Kampala City Council has now
money to build public toilets in 35 parishes.  So apply now if you want a
tender to do the work.

-       The bill according to KCC for redesigning Clock Tower, Jinja Road and
Kampala Entebbe Road junction is shs 32 billion – the contracts are the
Japanese according to the City Engineer. They are also the funder, the
designers,planners, engineers and so on.

-       Meanwhile Makerere University refutes allegation that it can’t teach
engineering Aaah I meant sciences courses.

I wish to remain  Bwanika in Afrika

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.idrconsulting.com

Bwanika