From: "Edward Mulindwa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ugandanet@kym.net>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ugnet] Join security forces, Katikkiro tells Baganda
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:00:01 -0400

Mwami Nume

So are you saying that the Katikiro knows that Baganda are already trained? Then if so why doesn't he just ask Museveni to enlist them? Secondly Simon you know I will ask you a straight question, surely if you were Uganda government, and a cultural leader went to the British embassy to ask for weapons to over throw an elected government, what would have you done? By the way weapons were as well found in Lubiri.

To tell you the truth as a Muganda, I become very frustrated when we fail to understand a very clear line between Uganda political and cultural lines. For this has been our failure from Mutesa's going to exile to this King we have who has surely lost Buluri, and we will continue to loose these sectors of Buganda, for there are many of us who believe that Buganda is a great entity as a culture, and we need our king as a cultural leader. It is very sad that many of you do not see him that way but as a head of state.

Very sad indeed.

Em
Toronto