"The commissioner in charge of West Nile, Al hajji Ganyana Miiro , on Wednesday said the project involves opening up reception camps in Sudan, DR Congo and northern Uganda and a satellite office in the southern Sudanese town of Juba."

Citizens: I hear "reception camps" which reception campsis this ignorant  fellow called Miiiro talking about?  If this man called Miiro just wants to milk donor funds in peace...so let it be as he wishes .   One cannot begin to talk about "reception camps" or is it center  when, as a matter of fact, Museveni's  NRM has once more declare war on the rebels and by so doing threathning the very " peace talks" in Juba upon which the hope of many lay in order to bring peace in Uganda.

MK

Uganda: Amnesty Team to Receive Rebels

New Vision

Email This Page

Print This Page
Kampala
The Amnesty Commission has assembled a special project to receive and resettle rebels of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) as soon as a peace agreement is signed, writes Frank Mugbi.
The commissioner in charge of West Nile, Al hajji Ganyana Miiro , on Wednesday said the project involves opening up reception camps in Sudan, DR Congo and northern Uganda and a satellite office in the southern Sudanese town of Juba.
Crisis in Sudan
"We shall establish reception camps at Nabanga in Congo, Owiny-Kibul in Sudan and others in Gulu, Kitgum and in Lira," Miiro said in an interview.
He said the combatants would undergo a brief sensitisation training highlighting the current economic, political, health and social status of the country.
Miiro assured the returnees of their security. "We shall ensure security at the camps besides providing adequate medicine, water, food and shelter," he said, adding that medical personnel would be in place at each camp to take care of traumatised returnees.
Miiro said though the project's basic framework had been finalised, it had not yet been presented to the donor working group because of uncertainty of the actual number of LRA fighters.
"How many fighters are there is anybody's guess. Others put it as low as 300 combatants and others as high as 3,000 and yet this is a key input into this project," he said.