Hello. I noticed uim automatically convert input sequence to ideographs
when there is only one candidate. Can this behavior be turned off? It is
essential that this feature is turned off for touch-typing

I don't know how people do touchtyping in Japan, in China the popularity
of stoke-based input method (most popular being wubi) is mostly because
you cannot touch-type in phonetic input methods. Which means every user
of wubi or Zheng Ma (as Yu Yuwei added) expect to touchtype.

Touchtype meaning the typist do not always look at the computer screen
when they type. She would mostly look at the written or printed paper
that they are typing. Thus any visual feedback would not work for her.
Automatic converting to ideograph is a visual feedback. Usually a typist
force a conversion with "space" key, and when more than one candidates,
a bell rings for sound feedback. The space key give a clear command of
conversion, making typist being sure there are ideographs converted. The
bell ring is less important, most important would be there should be no
auto conversion. I checked preference utility without luck to find this
feature.

Best regards
Zhang Weiwu

--
锐业软服(北京)信息技术有限公司
Real Softservice Information & Communication Technologies

北京市朝阳区 曙光西里甲6号   时间国际中心 8号楼810室

http://www.realss.com
Tel: +86 (10) 010 - 5977 3049

--