On 12/29/06, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Also, I don't feel like second-guessing the OASIS TC at this point.  We
have nothing but the Research report to on right now, and every reason
to believe that it will change significantly before morphing into a
standard.

I'm not sure I get what you mean by "second-guessing" in this context...

I think it would be unwise to ignore the OASIS TC.  If we want to do
something different than what the OASIS TC is currently thinking (as
embodied by the research report at this point), and we're confident
it's the right thing, OK -- but then we need to be prepared to sell it
to the OASIS TC and be confident that we can sell it successfully.

That's my main point here.  Personally, I don't want to hammer out
complex fundamental architecture issues here between just the three of
us, implement them, and then go try to convince the others on the
OASIS TC that we did the right thing.

Besides, we've got more than enough to worry about in the short term
without getting into "fundamental architecture issues".

UIMA 2.0 ;-)  Seriously, if you have any concrete proposals, let's hear
them.

? Did you mean 3.0? or 2.2?  Anyway, concrete proposal will be in the
next email.

-Adam