On 1/9/07, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have no problem with that, but it's disappointing.  Can you give me
some insight into what the problems are exactly?  In a few lines?  Thanks.

I think the main problem is that the UIMA framework OSGi bundle has to
load the JCas cover classes (in the FSGenerators of the CAS).  This
basically undermines the OSGi component system.  Normally in OSGi,
those classes would only be visible within the class space of the
component's bundle, not the UIMA framework's bundle.  There's a
workaround (called "buddy class loading") that allows an OSGi bundle
to be a "buddy" of the UIMA framework bundle and make its class space
accssible.  But this does nothing to handle the case where you have
two different definitions of the same class in two different bundles.

Was that few enough lines?

-Adam