Adam Lally wrote:
On 1/9/07, Eddie Epstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/9/07, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> a) backward compatibility and b) some people actually seem to be using
> it and don't want to be without it.

Then perhaps OSGi components will not be compatible with distributed
definitions,
but other component packaging will still be supported that do.

That makes sense to me.

-Adam

I don't like the idea that the UIMA OSGi extension does not support distributed type definitions but the "old" framework does. I think OSGi is the future and if we do not support distributed type definitions with OSGi we should deprecate that completely. But I don't think this is really possible.

-- Michael