Hello,

I have the same problem on my macbook.

If you take a look at the assemble-plugin.xml you will see this:

        <fileSets>
                <fileSet>
                        <directory>/</directory>
                        <includes>
                                <include>plugin.xml</include>
                                <include>META-INF/</include>
                        </includes>
                        <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
                </fileSet>
        </fileSets>

The problem is that "directory" must point to the current directory "./" and not to the root directory "/".
Maven simply do not finds the files. I guess this fails on linux too.

I think this should break the build or at least print a warning.

Jörn