The basic maven build creates Jars in the target with alternate names:
project uimaj-core => drop the "j" from uimaj, and don't suffix the version -> uima-core.jar

An exception to this is jVinci - jVinci becomes jVinci.jar (no version)

Another exception: when the uimaj-ep-runtime plugin is built, it has Jars in with the names:
  project uimaj-core => uimaj-core-{version}.jar

These names have to match entries in the manifest.

I'm working on improvements to our maven POMs to more automate the builds. I've been able to build the uimaj-ep-runtime jar so it contains the other jars, but it puts in the jars as named by the other projects, so it has, e.g., uima-core.jar (no j, and no version).

This would make our uimaj-ep-plugin internal jars follow our other jar naming conventions, and would reduce the need to have uimaj-ep-runtime manifest updated to change version numbers.

Is this OK to do, or is there a reason we keep the uimaj-ep-runtime inner jars naming conventions different?

-Marshall