I don't know of any specific reason why not to do this, but just be
sure to review the history of this to make sure we aren't going around
in circles.  It used to be that way, and it changed along with issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-355.  Also look for
discussion of UIMA-355 in the email archives.

-Adam