More info: Running the failing test (ServerTest) from Eclipse using run-as Junit, works reliably...
Time to look at what's different between this and maven's running of it...

-Marshall

Marshall Schor wrote:
Can someone for whom the simple-server tests work, confirm these are the right levels of software:

httpcore-4.0-alpha6.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
servlet-api-2.5-6.1.8.jar
junit-4.0.jar
jetty-util-6.1.8.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
jetty-6.1.8.jar
servlet-api-2.4.jar
httpclient-4.0-alpha2.jar

Note the httpcore and httpclient seem to be at different levels.
Note that there are 2 servlet-api's in the class path at different levels.

The above is the actual classpath order that mvn install uses when running the tests (except that I left out some jars in this list that were the uima stuff, or came from the simple-server libraries).

If you run the test using --debug in maven, it will show the classpath. Please let me know of any discrepencies.

Thanks. -Marshall