> According to the previous note on the history of the work here, there is
> some desire to take advantage of the Eclipse plugin packaging of this
> component and reuse it in further Eclipse-based tooling being considered,
> such as debugging tools.

One of the debugging tools is "Provenance Tracking of UIMA CAS
Content<http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/improving-uima-debug-capabilities.html>"
as described in the Wiki.

The following is the summary of the proposal:

To improve the ability to debug and maintain UIMA components, we propose to
add the ability to log the updates to the CAS and the Index Repository as
follows:

   - track which Analysis Engines (AEs) created or modified the feature
   structures in a CA
   - track the operations (add and delete) by each AE to index feature
   structures

For the "user interface" part of the tool, I have posted the initial
proposal<http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/cas-viewer-extension-for-provenance-tracking-of-uima-cas-content.html>for
further discussions in our Wiki. This Wiki page includes the screen
mock-ups as an extension to the user interface of the CAS Viewer.

Please take a look and comment/discuss on the proposal.

Regards,
Tong