Are you planning to make a general API available so that
the CVD, for example, could also benefit from this information?

--Thilo

Tong Fin wrote:
According to the previous note on the history of the work here, there is
some desire to take advantage of the Eclipse plugin packaging of this
component and reuse it in further Eclipse-based tooling being considered,
such as debugging tools.

One of the debugging tools is "Provenance Tracking of UIMA CAS
Content<http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/improving-uima-debug-capabilities.html>"
as described in the Wiki.

The following is the summary of the proposal:

To improve the ability to debug and maintain UIMA components, we propose to
add the ability to log the updates to the CAS and the Index Repository as
follows:

   - track which Analysis Engines (AEs) created or modified the feature
   structures in a CA
   - track the operations (add and delete) by each AE to index feature
   structures

For the "user interface" part of the tool, I have posted the initial
proposal<http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/cas-viewer-extension-for-provenance-tracking-of-uima-cas-content.html>for
further discussions in our Wiki. This Wiki page includes the screen
mock-ups as an extension to the user interface of the CAS Viewer.

Please take a look and comment/discuss on the proposal.

Regards,
Tong