LeHouillier, Frank D. wrote:
> No, but you should look at the maven release plugin for handling the
> change from 2.n-SNAPSHOT in (trunk) to 2.n (in tags) to 2.n+1-SNAPSHOT
> (back in trunk).  It should handle all of the SNAPSHOT dependencies
> automatically rather than doing this by hand.  As it stands now, are you

Do I hear you volunteer?

> planning to change all the versions to 2.3.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT after
> the release of 2.3.1-incubating?  In general, I agree with Jukka, that
> if I have a dependency that isn't labeled SNAPSHOT, I trust this version
> not to change.  Since we do sometimes build UIMA trunk internally, this
> won't be the case if SNAPSHOT is abandoned forever.

I don't think we'll abandon snapshot release numbering, I understand
the need for it now.  However, we do need a better way to maintain
the version numbers in the various places we have.  I don't have and
am not planning on acquiring the maven skill to improve the situation.
So help in that quarter would be appreciated.

--Thilo