Hi Marshall

When I donated the BSFAnnotator about two years ago I was not very
familiar with the maven-based Apache UIMA build process... And I'm
afraid I'm still not be.

> While working on including the BSFAnnotator in the sandbox release, I
> noticed it has 6 jar files in its "lib" directory.  The NOTICE file
> says
> that the project includes some components under MPL and SPL; however,
> the information needed to associate each of this included 3rd-party
jar
> files with the proper license is missing.
>
> Can someone who knows identify the source of the following jars:
>
> bsf.jar
Apache 2 license
Comes from
http://apache.crihan.fr/dist/jakarta/bsf/binaries/bsf-bin-2.4.0.zip

> bsh-bsf.jar
No longer needed: can be removed

> bsh.jar
Dual licensed under both the SPL and LGPL => SPL is in the list of
acceptable licenses available here:
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
Can be replaced by http://www.beanshell.org/bsh-1.3.0.jar (which now
contains the bsh-bsf.jar classes)

> commons-logging-api-1.1.jar
Apache 2 license
Comes from
http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons/logging/binaries/commons-logging-
1.1.zip

> js.jar
Dual licensed under both the MPL 1.1 and GPL => MPL is in the list of
acceptable licenses available here:
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html
Comes from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/rhino1_6R7.zip

> log4j-1.2.15.jar
Apache 2 license
Comes from
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/logging/log4j/1.2.15/apache-log4j-1
.2.15.zip

> Is there a better way to package / distribute this in binary form?
Probably using maven dependencies but I don't have enough maven-skills
to do it myself

> Also, I noticed that the POM section for building the documentation is
> commented out - because there is no docbook style documentation.  The
> documentation seems limited to a README and some examples.  Is there
> additional documentation available for this?
No: just the README sorry

I guess that a real revamping should use the JSR-223 (javax.script)
which is included in Java 1.6 and add support to new popular scripting
languages like groovy, beanshell 2.0 etc...