At one point the Lucas POM copied all of the dependency Jars into a lib/
directory, which was later part of the pear build input (and therefore,
subsequently "distributed").  But at the moment, the PEAR has nothing in
it besides the core Lucas annotator.

The POM plugin that did this was removed in change 811314 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1535 applying Rico's patch)

How is this supposed to work?  Are we not shipping its dependencies?
The Notice file does mention google collections... as if we are shipping
that.

The above Jira issue includes the comment "This patch seems to have done
a little too much clean-up. The lib directory of the pear file is now
empty. When I go back to Joern's latest revision, the pear looks ok
(though I did not install and run it)." - so this issue has been noticed
before, but the Jira was closed.

I think it's broken and won't work, without the dependencies in the lib.

-Marshall