Marshall Schor wrote:
The Cas Editor seems to be enabled by two different things in Eclipse. One is the Corpus Explorer view, which among other things, enables
certain right-click menu items.  The other is the
<nature>org.apache.uima.caseditor.NLPProject</nature>, although I'm not
sure what it enables.
Actually the Corpus Explorer only works together with projects
which have the NLPProject nature. Non NLPProject nature projects
are only displayed like they would be in the eclipse navigator view.
The special right-click menu items and project structure is only
available in NLPProject nature projects.

Now days I think the eclipse Project Explorer could replace
the Corpus Explorer view.
To help users get started, I think the tooling chapter for the Cas
Editor should say to either add the
<nature>org.apache.uima.caseditor.NLPProject</nature> to an existing
project or / and switch to the Corpus Explorer view for that project,
and / or create a new project using the wizard for a Cas Editor
project. Do all three approaches work?
There is no ui to add the nature to an existing project, but could be
simply added. The only way it works right now is to create an NLP
project and then use the Corpus Explorer view to set it up,
e.g. adding the special folders, specify the type system, adding
CASes, etc.
I see there is a method in the class NlpProject called "addNLPNature"
which adds this nature to a project - is there a way to invoke this from
the Eclipse menus to do this for an existing project?  If not, perhaps
we could make use of the existing menu for PEARs which adds a menu pick
called "add UIMA nature" and make it have sub-menus - one for the
CasEditor, and one for the PEAR.
Yes, would be a simple action which invokes the method.

Jörn