Hi,

right now I am testing the camel uima driver for error handling,
for this I have an AE which just throws an exception when it get a CAS.

The error handling is just the default, which means that the worker node
just reports the error back to the uima as client. Thats fine, the camel route
is configured to retry for every in this scenario, thats also fine.
But after a while the system just hangs and stops retrying it took me a while to figure out why.

The uima driver assumes that every CAS it sends causes a result to be returned, but once in a while it gets back a CAS with a different/new reference id than
the one which was sent. This causes the allocated control thread to wait,
when this happens to all control threads it just hangs.

First of all can it be assumed that for every sent CAS a status comes back with the same
reference id (when using timeouts) ?

Here is the error I get back in case the reference id does not match the one of the send CAS: org.apache.uima.jms.error.handler.BrokerConnectionException: Unable To Deliver CAS:-7fbfaf13:1250d5b260d:-7ffa To Destination. Connection To Broker failover:(tcp://XXX1:61616,tcp://XXX2:61616)?randomize=false Has Been Lost

Jörn