Till Harbaum (Lists) wrote:
Hi,

On Thursday 18 January 2007 21:26, Eric Severson wrote:
threads. I received many compiler warnings regarding incompatible
variable types (unsigned char being assigned to char), especially in the
psock.c file.

So I decided that perhaps it would be better to try to use a webserver
that doesn't rely on protosockets, at least to begin with. Is there an
Hmm, i doubt that anyone backported the old server. And that in fact wouldn't
make much sense as it is the old one. Why don't you try to fix the warnings in the 1.0 psock file? Are these only warnings? Does the server run with these warnings?

Perhaps Adam has some simple psock demo you can start with so you don't need to use the webserver to check that psock is working.

Regards,
  Till

Yeah, that makes sense. I was just hoping.

I did what you suggested: continue working on porting in the webserver. I discovered that my real problem lies in that my microcontroller will not even load up when I have the webserver code inserted. My first reaction was to think that the I had overused my program memory allotment, however this is not the case. I am only using about 50k and my microcontroller has 256k... So I am not sure, I think I am just going to go through this code more thoroughly. I read up in my MC manual to see if I have my memory correctly mapped, and it does appear to be right.... so I really have no idea what's going on.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I see that I have much more reading to do.
-Eric

I will be away from my desk the next few days.