Okay,

I now have a more concrete description of my problem, and was wondering if anyone has experienced this or could provide me with some insight. I am trying to import the uIP stack and webserver example. I first successfuly ported the stack and was able to ping my device from the network. I am now trying to get the sample webserver to run and it appears that things are going wrong regarding Protothreads. When I have the protothread code included and call a function that is residing in the same file as functions that use protothreads my MCU will not execute instructions, however, I get no compiler errors.

I began to debug this by selective commenting and I found the following:

I can get my MCU to call functions from httpd.c if
1) I comment out all of the functions in HTTPD.c except the first two (
PT_THREAD and generate_part_of_file) AND

2) Proceed to modify the PT_WAIT_UNTIL definition from pt.h:

#define PT_WAIT_UNTIL(pt, condition)            \
 do {                        \
   LC_SET((pt)->lc);                \
   if(!(condition)) {                \
     return PT_WAITING;            \
   }                        \
 } while(0)
#endif

by removing the conditional check on "condition" (in other words, if I do not in any way check or modify the value of condition things are good)

To test this I inserted a dummy function that I call from my main program. If I do not make the above changes and attempt to call this function while it resides in either httpd.c my MCU will not execute any code. This also seems to be true for httpd-cgi but is not true for any other files.

I then updated my proto thread files from v1.2 to v1.4, same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

One other odd thing that I noticed is that the function send_file( ) is called repetitively, but I can find no definition for this function. Could someone explain this to me?

Again, I am very new to the uIP stack and proto threads, so I maybe just overlooking something very trivial. My compiler is Keil uVision 3.04 RVMDK and my MCU is the STR710 from ST.

Thanks!! I would really appreciate any help or insight that anyone has to offer.

-Eric

Till Harbaum (Lists) wrote:
Hi,