Dear Sir,
Thanks for replying .Your suggestion was of great help.It helped me
understand a major
part of code.
I have another query

1. We are not using tapdev for read and send rather we are using SLIP
protocol
for communication.How can we test  our system using exapmle1 as application
program.

2.We are using At89c5132 microcontroller.We have 1 UART  on our controller.
Then for SLIP protocol what will be the test condition.
Will it be tested on two controllers connected using serial cable or a
controller
connected to PC.

3. Will the application for testing will be different on two controllers if
it
is to be tested on two controllers using serial cable.
Regards