Thanks to all for the excellent responses. I can continue this discussion
on the list and add any relevant findings from the meeting.

Since I am getting a very good price on Juniper MX and nobody's said
"forget PPPoE, it's old hat" [Correction: Neil has just dropped that in]
the question I have next is about national coverage. I imagine WBC are the
only ones capable of coverage in sparsely populated areas whilst still
offering fibre in cities. I'd like to be corrected!  Also considering:
TalkTalk and C&W broadband wholesale.

The LNS would terminate both internet and private network subscribers, so
would have a dual purpose. It's likely there's a crossover point where the
density makes sense to unbundle. So far the session capacity is likely to
number in the mid hundreds for a quick ROI.

Regarding M2M, I see AQL & A&A can offer an LNS termination for mobile
data, but I see no mention of PPPoX - is something else used?

Having read some of the comments again I must admit I am interested in
Firebrick, particularly the bonding and the price may not be as high as I
first calculated. I'll give Rev K a call when I look more closely at this
part.

Ben

--
b...@crouchingbadger.com | http://www.crouchingbadger.com