On 16 January 2013 23:02, Charlie Boisseau <char...@fluency.net.uk> wrote:
> Guys,
> We ended up going with Enta...
> I highly recommend Enta. We've had a very good experience with them (well
> the sales guys are useless, but techies are great).

Interesting post Charlie,

We've had the opposite experience. I've found Enta to be fairly
useless. I don't know when you set up with them, but several years
back when we did, we could only have one interconnect, they wouldn't
do fail over L2TP tunnel's for us, or even two as load balanced. We
found them slow at informing us of issues and keeping us updated. They
did/do have a good web portal though.

TalkTalkB on the other hand, we have had a great experience with. They
have a great relationship with BT OpenReach. We can have a BT
OpenReach tail installed to a customer site, and it will be dumped
onto our existing Ethernet interconnects with them, no need for
separate NNIs. They have APIs and on line portals that give us control
down to the DSLAM port. They have a larger FTTC coverage than anyone
else (well, that's what the doc's say). Also, they have better
communication and support than BT (I feel BT are simply too large,
it's too difficult to keep a machine of that size running efficiently,
TTB are still only 500~ employees).

7204VXR/7206VXR with NPE-G1 are a pretty standard LNS and PPPoA
terminator. I wouldn't buy one now though as they are EoL unless you
can get a two or three for a good price. For just starting up, I'd
rather grab an MX5, ASR1001.

Cheers,
James.