On 25/10/2013 20:40, Scott Weeks wrote:
Cogent say their transit is out via slough - and thats sort
of not london but also I am crazy about having Cogent again.

We have Cogent in at Everest as part of our house-transit mix.
It does indeed go out via Slough, at LD4/LD5. They have improved
immeasurably over the last few years IMO.

:: +1 - Cogent should be London proof and we've had a good experience
over the last couple of years with them in our BGP mix

I'm surprised to hear this.  I thought they had trouble getting
to the entire internet due to the numerous, and likely on-going
still, peering wars.  Is that not the case anymore?

We've also found them to be very good, and extremely helpful support too.
Not had too many issues (we've certainly had a lot more issues with Level3 than Cogent!)

I'd be happy to recommend them.

(we take Cogent BGP feed in TCR, and Level3 in TCW)

Thanks,

Dan.