I agree Steve - I think it dates back to a time that's long gone.

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Oct 2013, at 12:15, "Stephen Wilcox"
<steve.wil...@ixreach.com<mailto:steve.wil...@ixreach.com>> wrote:

This is true for a few cables now, but I'm curious as to those setting the
requirement to be "London proof" want to achieve.

How will they access 2856, 5089, 13285 etc if they are focussed on being out of
London and on international capacity? And if accessing domestic networks is not
important, such as to protect data then why not host offshore or use a smaller
domestic focused transit operator who's UK connectivity is well peered in all
the regions ie Why ask for a "Tier1 thats London-proof"? Its almost an
oxymoron..

Steve

On 26 October 2013 10:07, Neil J. McRae