On 25 March 2014 16:20, Randhir Prakash <rand...@trijit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> This is my first post as a community member !
>

> I wish to use a Openbgpd using OpenBSD box to connect and peer with LINX
> members.
>
> I would like to know
>
> A) Has anyone in the UKNOF community heard of any other network operator
> working successfully with this setup?
>
> B) LINX provides connectivity using Single Mode Fiber in Telehouse North. I
> am looking to learn more about how to connect the Openbsd box Ethernet
> network to fiber network of LINX i.e. Media converter vs a managed switch.
> and what make and models will be best option ? I am looking for a cost
> effective and flexible solution either Media converter vs a managed switch.

Hello,

I'd suggest looking at the managed switch, you will have better
visibility of the link, speeds/duplex/DOM stats for the optics. With a
media converter, unless its a managed one who knows whats going on.

Be careful about connecting your switch to the exchange, I'd suggest
reading this page on the LONAP site,
http://www.lonap.net/config-hints.shtml

Nat

--