quite a few ISPs use packaged products from third parties which might
be part of the problem... I am sure most ISPs network equipment has
had v6 support for years, but if they have things like traffic
shapers, transparent proxies, load balancers, content delivery
networks* etc they might not have sufficient control to simply flick
the IPv6 switch to on.

In this particular instance, its likely that newer smaller ISPs might
have it easier than well established ones who have all sorts of legacy
gear to worry about.

* feel free to ask me off list about $employer's excellent IPv6
support in our product ;-)