> good news, possibly.

Possibly.  If they get the regulated regions right.  There’s a risk Ofcom
stifle future investment in other/new networks by doing this.  If we don’t want
to always just be stuck with BT, other operators need to have an incentive to
build - this could destroy their business case.

From a quick read, it looks like they have thought about this, but I’m not sure
they have looked carefully enough at it.  Where there is competition already
(London, other city centres), fair enough.  Where there isn’t much competition
(i.e. only BT in the area, and maybe one other), the product should be very
expensive to ultimately handicap BT against future competition.  This sounds
counter-intuitive, however there *has* to still be a reason for others to build
new networks.

My 2 cents.

-C