On 19 May 2015 at 11:25, Alex Brooks <askoorb+uk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, there is still the problem in towns (and cities) that
> are not London, Manchester or Birmingham that it is almost impossible

Even if there is a local fibre deployment, BT can be unhelpful.

Our local exchange (EAMAD) is ~~6 miles radial distance from Cambridge
city. It's FTTC enabled, been unbundled by Sky and TalkTalk, so offers
a good range of ADSL2/2+ as well as FTTC.

However, if you want fibre installed, BT insist that the fibre has to
be run all the way into the city, which massively increases costs.
They were unable to explain why the fibre tail wouldn't be just 1km.