From: uknof [mailto:uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk] On Behalf Of Neil J. McRae
Sent: 10 September 2015 14:59
To: Gord Slater
Cc: uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk; Tom Hill; Brandon Butterworth
Subject: Re: [uknof] Openreach withdrawal of FTTC CPEs

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 13:07, Gord Slater <gordsla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But like Brandon says, that's another issue - it's the end-end+demark
> principle. I see this as BT Group washing their hands of things as a
> business tactic to raise profits on SFI visits and dodge out of fixing
> the faults in their plant. I can see only one winner there.

What absolute codswallop.

"Dodge out of fixing the faults" ?! If there is a problem and it needs fixing
then we want to fix it. We want customers to be happy, I would assert we make
more money having stuff that works than stuff that doesn't.

In an ideal world the FTTC OR box would never have been deployed but given the
lack of maturity and compatibility issues back then in VDSL chipsets it was
felt that having this as part of the product was unavoidable.
It's a very different world now.