On 22 March 2016 at 17:44, Joseph Waite wrote:

>> On 22 Mar 2016, at 17:12, Paul Mansfield <paul+uk...@mansfield.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> "Householders signing up for broadband packages could be exempted from
>> the rental charge on their landline if they don't use it, under
>>
> But the cost will just be added to the broadband so won't actually effect the
> cost. But might lead to more transparent pricing!

Initially it will, but transparency may lead to BT's dodgy practices
being more open to examination.
For example, BT effectively admitted that line rental charges
cross-subsidise the TV service and other things:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JwAhiHBnn5U/VvGGa7H7OQI/AAAAAAAAXps/xg_r8zaoywArf0j8f9jkLhttmvQVPtywgCCo/s720-Ic42/IMG_20160208_075828.jpg

I was about to rip up the letter for recycling, but took a photo, so
sorry about the poor quality.