On 22/03/16 21:38, David Reader wrote:
On 22 Mar 2016, at 21:16, Ben King wrote:

Trust me, pay the few extra quid and enjoy the warm security of a dial tone.

I’m quite certain there are more cost-efficient ways to put an audible tone on a bunch of lines than renting a legacy POTS service…

…technically anyway. It being practical or permitted are likely where the problems would lie. It’s not something I ever had sufficient motivation or tuits to look into.

We tend to find a wetting current on MPFs is enough to keep all but the most inept OR pair thieves at bay and most kit supports it (added bonus as Paul said that it stops the copper joints corroding over time). They *should* be looking for dialtone/current or both.

Robin