From: uknof [uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk] on behalf of Paul Bone
[paul.b...@bridgefibre.co.uk]
Sent: 16 May 2016 13:09
To: uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk
Cc: Administrator
Subject: [uknof] Mikrotik as Service Provider Router

Has anyone had experience using Mikrotik CCR as either CE or PE routers?

I have been playing with transparent traffic shaping on one of the little hAP
units (not suggesting this as a CE!) and it seems to work well and the OS has
support for BGP, BFD and MPLS.

We currently use Juniper SRX but the supposed throughput figures and cost of
the Mikrotik would be very attractive at the high commercial level.

Best regards, Paul